Thursday 10 September 2015

David's Brand New Blog! Never been used before!

To all who read these pages, now and in the future, this is my brand new blog made in Jerusalem. Apart from the movement of letters etc, it will have no moving parts, will not need its oil or water changing or need to have to undergo changes of batteries etc. All it will require is reading and responses by its hopefully happy readers.

At this early stage, I assume that I will concentrate on the joy of writing books - especially, but not only historical novels, getting them published and all that that entails. However, to quote one of my favourite sayings, "Life is full of surprises," we'll see where it goes. This means that I will record what I am doing in order to further my literary career and if I can be of any assistance to anyone who reads these pages, that too will be good.

At the moment I am trying to place two of my books with English publishers. The first is Two Bullets in Sarajevo, an historical novel that takes place in Sarajevo, 1914 when the band of fanatical Serbian Black Hand terrorists assassinate the Austrian Archduke, Franz Ferdinand and his beautiful wife, Sophie and so, according to many historians, light up the bloody conflict that later became the First World War.

The second novel I'm trying to place is Who Really Wrote Shakespeare? (You see, you knew the bard would figure in here somewhere somehow!) This book is about how four academics set out on a self-imposed quest to find out who really wrote Shakespeare's works. After all, our William came from a small agricultural market town, was the son of a glover, did not have the use of Google, so how could he have written so well about ancient Greece and Rome as well as about kings and aristocrats? 

Our four heroes analyse all sorts of other possible writers, such as, Christopher Marlowe, the Lords of Rutland, Derby and Oxford as well as some of Queen Elizabeth's literary ladies. Our academic sleuths do come up with a solution, but to know that, you'll have to buy the book itself. (Still available in the first edition on amazon as Will the Real William Shakespeare Please Step Forward? 

OK, that's enough for page one. I will be very happy to hear from anyone out there, especially those who write historical novels and or about my best friend, Mr. Shakespeare.

Best wishes,
David Lawrence-Young
(website: www.dly-books.weebly.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment